Skip to main content

Welcome Back!



Hello Friends,

Welcome back to preparing for a future valentine! I know that I have been absent from this blog for a very long time, but rather than launch into all the reasons, let's just dive right back into it.

The first thing we really do need to dive into is the name of my blog itself, as it very much has a different meaning behind it. I started this blog as a single gal, when one of the biggest focuses in my life was getting myself into a place where I would be ready to be a good wife. Hence the name "Preparing for a future Valentine."



Well, little(maybe not so little) update: I am married now. My husband, Michael(real name not given as we are very private people about names and ages and such), and I were married in November of 2015. Getting close to 4 years ago now! I am also a mommy now of a couple little boys who for the sake of privacy we will refer to as Mini-Me(more on that name later) and Little One(his father's pet name for him).

During my last blog post, I mentioned that I worked at a Cafe. Since then I have worked as a cashier at Target, a housekeeper for a hotel, a bookshop assistant, a waitress, a consultant, a barista, and in the field of childcare for over 15 months now. Yes, I have been very busy. I was recently able to switch back to part-time hours after over a year of juggling wife-hood, parenting, home-making, and a full-time job, and am now home most days.

So as you can see, the original name behind my blog is not quite as fitting.  But after a recent time of revival and restitution in my relationship with God, I find the name even more fitting now. It's true that I am no longer waiting for a my future husband, but a greater Valentine waits for me in the future. When the day shall come that I get to leave this earthly body and be joined with my Valentine in heaven.

I have realized more than ever because of recent circumstances that my love and commitment for God needs to come before anyone else in my life. Including my husband and my children. So while I have a 6'4" hunk of a man with a million skills, an incredible sense of humor, and a lustrous mane where many men today are going bald, my greatest Valentine is one I have still not seen face to face.

So as we move forward in posting, the focus here is going to change a little bit. I will not be preparing for a future husband, but instead for the day when the King of Kings and Lord of Lords will with open arms say "Welcome Home, my good and faithful servant." Man, just the thought of that day and getting to see the One who not only saved me, but who holds me up constantly through all the struggles of life, fills me with an incredible sense of awe. And I thought I was excited on the morning of my wedding day. 😉



So if you followed me years ago, welcome back. And if you are new to my blog, I am so happy you are here, even if that makes me seem corny. I hope you will enjoy joining me in the crazy, the battles, and the everyday nonsense that we will push our way through as we grow ever closer to the day when we finally get to see our future Valentine face to face.

Comments