Skip to main content

Turkeys and More.

Today marks a new day in my blogging career. Ok, it isn't really a career. But the fact still remains that today I am doing something new. You are going to see some of my pictures! In the past the pictures posted here have not actually been my own. *surprise* But today, I want to show you a project I did, and thus there are pictures to match.
So today's finally completed project:

Hand Turkeys!

At our home, Thanksgiving is the big holiday. And though our Christmas tree will likely go up barely 3 days before Christmas, our Turkey decorations are already "decking the halls." Even before Halloween, I began working on this project along with my little siblings. The small ones loved tracing their hands, and helping cut things out. They also loved to watch as the turkeys came together. Little piece by piece (because I was too lazy to do very much at a time) the turkeys came together, and now they grace our home and look down into the dining room. 
As you can see, I am not the photographer of the family. It also didn't help that the camera was dying, and I couldn't find any more batteries, so I was lucky to get any pictures at all. But these are our happy little turkeys! The turkey for little Mr. Raspberry* is actually taped to Mr. Tender Heart's* turkey so it looks like the smallest turkey is being held. These two precious men are practically inseparable in real life, so their turkey's reflect as much.

This really was a pretty simple project. The supplies were all ones I had on hand.
If you want to make some adorable turkeys to grace your home this Thanksgiving season, I have included a small tutorial below.

You will need:
Cardstock or Construction paper in fall colors.
Pen or Pencil
Glue of some kind. (As you can see, I used hot glue.)
Buttons or other trinkets for the eyes.
Scissors

Directions:
1) Cut enough turkey bodies out of the paper that you will need for your family. Picture #1 should give you a general idea of the shape.
2) Cut out the amount of small beaks that you will need out of orange, yellow, or red paper.
2) Trace everyone's hands on the paper, and cut these out as well.
3) Assemble the hands and body till they look like you want them to, and then glue into place.
4) Glue on buttons for eyes, your little beaks, and write names on the turkeys so everyone can identify who is who.
5) Hang them up around your home, and enjoy them all season long!

These were such a fun idea, and the kids loved getting in on it. Hope that your family can enjoy them as much as mine does. What do you usually do for Thanksgiving decorations? Feel free to comment below! 

*Refer to my earlier post My Family

Comments