Skip to main content

3 Ways to Pray Scripture over Everyday Life-War Room part 5



Hey all!! Welcome back to my series on my War Room. I am excited to share the last post in this series where I can share some of the scripture I pray over my everyday life. It can be easy to forget sometimes that the people in our lives are not the only thing we should pray over. We might say to others "How can I pray for you?" or we might remember to shoot up a quick prayer for our husband or children. But do we think to pray when the dishes pile up, when the budget gets tight, or when we keep hitting snooze while feeling guilty that once again we are sleeping through our exercise time? 

As I mentioned in an earlier article in this series, I have a section of my war room I use for finances and another that I call Worshipful Wellness(you can read more about my war room sections here). As I wrap up this series, I just wanted to share some of the scriptures I have found to pray over these areas, to encourage me, and to motivate me towards a godly outlook on my everyday life. 

So here are 3 areas of everyday life that I pray over. 


Pray for Your Finances: 


Finances can be very difficult and stressful. They require a lot of diligence, wisdom, and patience to handle. Money can get so tight, you have no money after paying bills, or even worse, can't pay for your bills. There are SO many factors that can affect our finances, and I know for me it is an area that I really do struggle to trust God. But I found the following scriptures helped keep me focused and encouraged me. 

"Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work."
-2 Corinthians 9:7-8

"The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance,
    but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty."

-Proverbs 21:5

"His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, 
through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence."
-2 Peter 1:3


"Wealth gained hastily will dwindle,
    but whoever gathers little by little will increase it."

-Proverbs 13:11

That last verse from Proverbs 13 has been particularly helpful in my times of pinching every penny, which requires a lot of patience. 

Prayer for Finances:
Heavenly Father, I thank you and bless you, that in this life you have already provided all that we can ask or need. Thank you Father, that your provision is not based on our efforts, but on the inheritance given to us by the death of Jesus Christ. Thank you that your heart is always for us. Your promises towards us are "Yes" and "Amen." We thank you that is already done. And, by our agreement with this truth, we speak for the manifestation of the inheritance of the saints to all those in need. 
Remind me of the truth in Proverbs that financial security comes little by little. Help me to take heart in this truth and to find even more ways that I can put little by little amounts aside and work towards no longer being a borrower.


Pray for Your Wellness:


Do you want to be more healthy, but struggle to actually put in the work of exercise? Do you want to be better about what you eat, even if it just means eating one small dessert instead of a whole pint of ice cream, but you don't seem to have the self-control? Do you want to serve your family better, have more energy, or be physically capable of joining in more ministry opportunities? I know these and other ways are areas I really struggle. And it has taken me far too long to realize that what I am lacking is not desire, but motivation. 

What is your motivation for getting out of bed and exercising? If you're like me, being healthier is not a good enough motivation to get you out of bed when the baby kept you up in the night. It isn't enough of a motivation to pass up that second or third refill of your favorite soda at a restaurant. 

But if we are truly women after God's own heart, we will desire to do what will enable us to serve him better. And there are actually multiple references in scripture that apply to our health and wellness. 

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
-1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;  they shall 
mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary;  
they shall walk and not faint."
-Isaiah 40:31


"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God
 prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
-Ephesians 2:10

"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it 
to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
-Philippians 1:6

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of 
righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."
-Romans 14:17


Prayer for Wellness:
Lord God, You are the creator of all that is. You created me and made me who I am. All that I have is from You, and all the good that is in me is because of You. I give You my life. I give You my goals. I rededicate my body to You today. I want to become a healthier person in all aspects of my life. Help me focus on You during my journey to better health. Lead me to make healthy choices in every area of my life. I give You all the glory and praise. Amen.



Pray for Your Home:

There are so many different details that go into keeping a home. Tidying, laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, maintenance, trash, etc... The list for most of us is unending. It is easy to do the bare minimum, or even worse, give up. First we give up on making things beautiful, then on the extra cleaning like mopping and dusting, and sometimes we watch as our house goes from mediocre, to bad, to worst. I find it is near impossible to do without the right motivation and prayer. So here are some of the verses I have found that I pray over my home and my homemaking.

"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms 
are strong for her tasks." 
-Proverbs 31:17

"And so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, 
pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, 
that the word of God may not be reviled."
-Titus 2:4-5

"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established;
 by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches."
-Proverbs 24:3-4

"The wisest of women builds her house,
  but folly with her own hands tears it down."
-Proverbs 14:1

"She looks well to the ways of her household, and does 
not eat the bread of idleness."
-Proverbs 31:27

Prayer for Your Home(by Elisabeth Elliot):
This job has been given to me to do. Therefore, it is a gift. Therefore, it is a privilege. Therefore, it is an offering I make to God. Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is done for Him. Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God's way. In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness.

I'd love to hear some scriptures that have encouraged you or helped you pray for the everyday things! Thank you so much for sharing in my series about my War Room. 

Other Posts in this Series:

Comments