Skip to main content

Exercise!!!


So I am not a person who puts a lot of emphasis or importance on physical exercise, but I do believe that for some reasons it is important. As I am preparing for a future valentine, I would really like to be in the type of shape that will be pleasing to my husband both in and out of the bedroom. I also know from personal experience that being in shape is really helpful when you have many small children, and want to keep up with them.
I do not believe that being really skinny is something to chase after, however, as it can cause multiple problems when the time comes that you might get pregnant. The more skinny you are, the harder you are going to have to work to feed a baby growing inside you. But having too much extra fat will make you tired and wore out during pregnancy. So a happy medium is nice. And that happy medium is going to be different for women of different shapes, sizes, and builds.
I just wanted to share with you my newest favorite way of exercising. Often times I set exercise to the side in favor of spending a little bit of time with my younger siblings. But just recently I realized I could do both! This has been very exciting.
The other day my 4-year-old sister wanted a piggy back ride. So I picked her up, put her on my back, and then kind of absentmindedly started doing kick backs. Almost immediately I could feel the burn in my legs, and my heart rate increasing. Later I did the same thing, except this time I had my 8-year-old brother on my back. What a workout!!! That was incredible.
Then yesterday I wanted to a little bit of abdominal exercise, but my 1-year-old sister was begging for my attention. So I laid down on my back, and drew up my knees to do a sit-up, and my little sister hung on to the front of my knees grinning down at me. This ended up being a lot of fun as every time I could come up I would bump her little nose, or kiss her forehead. She would giggle, and thus I got in both some bonding time and about 30 sit-ups.
So if you have a tight schedule today, try to find your own fun ways of bonding exercise with your little one. You can find a lot of fun ideas along this vein all over the internet, including on pinterest. Fun exercising everyone!

Comments