Skip to main content

The Lust Dare: Day #29


How to Use "The Lust Dare"



Day #29: Whatever is Praiseworthy

“I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth.”
-Psalm 34:1

Today, as we finish out that verse from Philippians we come to the very last word that is given to think on. After true, noble, just, pure, lovely, good report, and virtue, comes if there is anything praiseworthy. We are to think on that which is praiseworthy. And who is more worthy of praise, than God Himself, the Author, Perfecter, and Creator?

There was a man in the old testament, a member of the genealogical line of Jesus, who wrote many, many, words on the praiseworthy attributes of God. He praised God time and time again in his writing, and thus it is his words, inspired by God, that I want to leave you with. Remember as you read these and in the days ahead to think on that which is praiseworthy.

“I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.” –Psalm 7:17

“I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.” –Psalm 9:1

I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.” –Psalm 18:3

Be exalted, O Lord, in Your own strength! We will sing and praise Your power.”
–Psalm 21:13

I will declare Your name to My brethren; in the midst of the assembly I will praise You.” –Psalm 22:22

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.” –Psalm 28:7

And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness and of Your praise all the day long.” –Psalm 35:28

He has put a new song in my mouth, praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord.” –Psalm 40:3

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting! Amen and Amen.”
-Psalm 41:13

Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and on the harp I will praise You, o God, my God.” –Psalm 43:4

O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Your praise.” –Psalm 51:15

I will praise You forever, because You have done it; and in the presence of Your saints
I will wait on Your name, for it is good.” –Psalm 52:9

Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You.” –Psalm 63:3

But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more.” –Psalm 71:14

We will not hide them from their children, telling to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and His strength and His wonderful works that He has done.” –Psalm 78:4

I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forevermore.” –Psalm 86:12

Blessed be the Lord forevermore! Amen and Amen.” –Psalm 89:52

Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name!”
–Psalm 103:1
Bless the Lord, O my soul! O Lord my God, You are very great: You are clothed with honor and majesty.” –Psalm 104:1
I will praise You, for You have answered me, and have become my salvation.”  –Psalm 118:21
Seven times a day I praise You, because of Your righteous judgments.” –Psalm 119:164

Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever.” –Psalm 145:2
Today’s Dare
Write a psalm today on that about which God that is worthy of praise. Speak of His attributes, or of His works, or of His character, or of His glory, or all of the above. Just use this exercise to purposefully think on and meditate on that which is worthy of praise. 





 

Comments