Skip to main content

Hot water.

Here is a very quick tutorial on how to turn the hot or cold water on a sink on or off. It was really quite funny how clueless I was on this subject a year ago. Last winter my brother was working on something with the sink in the kitchen. I don't remember what, but he needed to turn off the hot water. Clueless person that I was, I thought he was going to have to go downstairs and turn off the water heater or something. I thought that in order to turn off the hot water for a certain sink, you had to turn off the hot water in the entire house.
Thus I was quite surprised when my brother, who is younger than me by the way, simply stuck his head under the sink and emerged a moment later. "What did you just do?" I asked. He looked at me kind of funny.
"I turned off the hot water."
"You mean you can turn off the hot water for a single sink?" My father saw this exchange, and the two started laughing at me. I was too excited, however, to care.
"Show me how, this is awesome!" I proclaimed.
My brother shook his head, knelt down next to me, and showed me this:
Twist the knob, and the water turns off! Wow, was I excited! You should have seen me go and excitedly show all my girlfriends at our next bible study. Most of them laughed at me too. Of course, I also explained to them that some sinks have something you pull up or down instead in order to turn the water on or off.
So this post is for those of you gals who might have had the same lack of proper schooling in plumbing as I did. Go try it out, it's kind of fun!

Comments