Skip to main content

Printer help :)

Every year my father writes and directs a play for our local homeschooling group, and excitingly enough, today is tryouts!!! So as Assistant Director this year, my father has had me busy printing things, including the script for our play this year. I wanted to print the script on both sides of the paper, so as to use 16 pieces of paper instead of 32. But I had never done that before, so I went on a quest to figure it out.
Believe it or not, I didn't go online to find the answer to my question. I merely dug into my brain, as the answer was hidden there. I found that I could do it by telling my printer to print only the odd pages, and then to print the even ones. I just though that I would share this with you, and you could store it away for a later date. :)
The first thing I wanted to do was number my pages before I printed it, and after a quick search within Word, I was able to do this simply. I clicked on insert, and then on page numbers, and this page popped up.




Here I was able to tell the computer to position the page number on the bottom, and in the center, and the preview there on the side told me that I had the page numbers where I wanted them. So I moved on to the next step:


The above picture shows you which scroll down menu to click on and choose from in order to get odd or even pages. I clicked ctrl+P, which brought me to the print menu, and then told it to print the odd pages, and it worked quite well, giving me pages 1-31. (only the odd ones)
Then I hit ctrl +P again, and told it to print the even pages. Now here is where it gets a little tricky. You need to figure out how your printer feeds documents so that you can place the paper in a way that it will print the even pages on the opposite side of the paper, and that they read the same way. (you don't want to have to  flip the paper upside down when you turn)
Then I had my script on both sides of the paper! I have to confess that I did a little dance, and my mom laughed at me.
Please let me know if you have any questions on this process, or a way I could do it even faster. If you want to know more about our play productions click on the following link. Heart and Home Theatre Group

Comments