Skip to main content

Monday in a Nutshell.


So what with work, church activities, play practice, and family outings, my hours spent working on things at home can seem pretty scarce. Thus, I love Mondays!!! My only outside obligation on Monday's is assistant directing play practice from 7-9 pm. So not only is it a day when Mom can have me do a couple tasks for her, but also a day I can get some things done that kind of fall to the wayside the rest of the week.
So here is today in a nutshell. :)
6:40 am. Mom wakes me up 15 minutes before my alarm to help with three crying little girls. Chatty and Drama (if you don't know who Chatty and Drama are refer back to my earlier post Many Hands make Light Work) had gone to bed without diapers, and thus wet the entire bed, themselves, and any clothes in the near vicinity. Little Lou Who had also woken up, and was standing in her crib crying for attention. Little Linebacker was also fussing, as it was time for his first feeding of the day.
6:45 am. After Dad had filled the tub, and Mom had taken Little Lou off to play near her as she nurses Linebacker, I stay in the bathroom and oversee Chatty and Drama as they play in the bathtub. Meanwhile I brush my teeth, put on deodorant, and plop in my contact lenses. Then I sit on the toilet as they continue to play, and read my bible and current book of my 24 Books in 2013 list.
7:30 am. Chatty and Drama are out of the tub, dressed, and playing at the table. I finish a section in my book, place the books in my room, and head to the dryer to get my clothes. They had been in the wash since Saturday as we never do laundry on Sunday. After quickly getting dressed, the fun began!
8:15am. I place breakfast in the oven; a meal we fondly call It-and With It. This time the ingredients included oats, honey-nut cheerios, and apple slices, all tossed in a mixture of butter, honey, maple syrup, and molasses. I wanted to use sorghum, but it was too firm, and I was too lazy to soften it. This meal was then covered with tinfoil and placed in the oven for about an hour. I then tidied up the kitchen, switched a load of laundry, and organized the kids into cleaning the main floor minus bedrooms.
9:00 am-12:00pm
Then what followed was a very successful morning in my book. I was able to catch up on lots of kitchen duty, including: cleaning out the pantry, sorting the cupboards, cleaning the backs of the counters, writing a shopping list for this weeks groceries, planning lunch, and hard boiling eggs. 
Then there was helping with the families schoolwork: lending my computer to my sister for her biology, continuing my teaching with my freshman aged brother on New Testament Greek, reading a passage from Philippians with the family, helping my younger brother learn how to entertain and train little Drama by making what seemed like a boring game for him sound really fun for Drama, and printing out a script for a member of our play cast.
I was also able to sort and iron my laundry, so I don't have to do that later this week while hurriedly preparing for work.
The best thing is I was also able to fit in a discussion with my Mom about the proper education in Sunday School, some play time with Little Lou Who, and some goofing around with my closest brother in age. I love Mondays!!! God has really blessed me with one day a week where I can be home and enjoy my family and have some fun while at it!
Still on the agenda for today: a brother's basketball game at 3:00, decorating an old oats container for craft supplies, planning and prepping supper, more kitchen cleaning, play practice, and maybe a few minutes on Pinterest.
Right now homemaking doesn't seem so scary, but stay tuned, cause that will likely change. :)

Comments