Skip to main content

Thrown Together Mac and Cheese.


I was at a friend's house Thursday afternoon, babysitting their youngest boy. Knowing the families schedule, this younger boy and I decided it would be helpful to make some kind of supper. In the past I had made homemade Mac and Cheese at their house, and they loved it, so that is what my young friend requested. So we pulled out the penne, the milk, and the butter, but then realized we were going to have to find some kind of cheese.
Cheese at this home is kind of a given, as I don't think I can ever recall a time when there wasn't cheese in their fridge. But when I opened the cheese and meat drawer, all of their cheese was sliced for sandwiches. I really prefer to use shredded, so this presented a problem. Then in the back of the drawer, I found a block of Muenster!
So this is the actual recipe.
Ingredients:
1 stick of Butter
1 lb of Penne Pasta
1 block of Cream Cheese
4 oz of Muenster Cheese
Milk
Salt and Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in 9x13, put in oven to melt.
2. When butter is melted, take pan out of the oven. Pour in penne, cover the penne with milk, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Drop cream cheese in pats on top of penne, shred and sprinkle the Muenster over the top lightly; about 4 oz.
4. Cook for 1 hour, or until pasta is done. Enjoy!

This is really easy, really yummy, and as shown can be tampered and played with. try some of your own combinations, and leave the results in the comments!

Comments